Monday, November 11, 2013

Music Monday: Towers and Little Me by Little Mix

Since I haven't done Music Monday in a while (I think?) I'm going to review 2 songs, both by Little Mix. Little Mix has recently released a new album, Salute, so go buy it if you can!

1. Towers
This was the first song I heard from their new album and I instantly fell in love it with. (I already knew their album was going to be great). So basically, this song is about a breakup and not letting a boy back into your heart. It sounds like a pretty bad break up and the guy sounds like a jerk since:
"You never brought me flowers
Never helped me in my darkest hours"
It's a medium tempo song, maybe a bit on the slow side. It's definitely a sad love song. 

2. Little Me
This is a very inspirational song.

She lives in the shadow of a lonely girl,
Always so quiet you don't hear a word,
Always talking but she can't be heard,
You can see in her if you catch her eye,
I know she's brave but it's trapped inside,
Scared to talk but she don't know why

Wish I knew back then,
What I know now,
Wish I could somehow,
Go back in time and maybe listen to my own advice,
I'd tell her to speak up, tell her to shout out,
Talk a bit louder, be a bit prouder,
Tell her she's beautiful, wonderful,
Everything she doesn't see,
Little Me

So that's the first verse and chorus of the song. Now do you see what I mean by inspirational?
I think this is probably my favorite (or one of my favorite) song(s) on the album. Little Mix's fans are mostly teenage girls and this is an important message to pass onto them: "She's beautiful, wonderful, everything she doesn't see."


So that concludes my Music Monday for now. Just wait until One Direction's album comes out at the end of the month, you'll probably get a whole album review!
But for now, GO BUY LITTLE MIX'S ALBUM!!!

~Claudz


No comments:

Post a Comment