Sunday, January 12, 2014

Snow White Blood Red

ASIN: B0087H144W (e-book)
Pages: 25
Appearance: 

Summary:
I have always wondered why you never asked about my name. Was I so superficial to you? So stereotypical and mundane? Why did you treat me as if I were just the monster of the week? You know what I think? You never had the time to really hate me. You wanted to hate me, long before you even met me. You wanted to scrape my existence and avenge your childhood princess by laying all blame on me. What if they didn’t call me the Evil Queen, what if I told you the real story from my point of view instead of hers, would you ever think of me as an angel? Could I ever make you care? I know that deep inside of you, you adore me,but you’re just scared, afraid to admit how much you love the Snow White Queen.


Hey guys! First off, before I forget, the link to Amazon on the cover brings you to the indiviual "book" which costs $0.99. However, the box set (Prequels 1-6) which is below the Rating is free. So if you're interested, I recommend buying all 6 instead of going for one. Moving on, I was going to review all the prequels together, but then I thought separating them would allow more in-depth reviews and it won't turn out to be so crazy long. Okay with that said, let's get into the review!! 

Whoa whoa whaaat? ← honest reaction after reading this AMAZING prequel. Cameron Jace takes the whole world of fairy tales that we know and twists it into some dark and dangerous, but wonderful and captivating at the same time. Seriously, if you have a Kindle you HAVE to get it NOW.

This prequel is uniquely written in the form of a letter which took me by surprise. It's addressed to the big Grimm, the one who wrote all the Brothers Grimm fairy tales and is in the point of view of the EVIL queen from Snow White, who actually isn't that evil at all. Well, that was one of the spins Cameron Jace put to the stories. Another spin, the Evil Queen is Baby White's momma without the step prefix. The next spin completely blew me away. I was not expecting that at all and I guess you'd figure out from the quotes below so um...well...Snow White just maybe so happens to be...a vampire. Yeah, it's kind of bizarre, but makes the story 10x more interesting.

The emotions throughout the book are really vividly written and everything she feels, I felt as well. Like the quote below about the small demonic part of her wanting to congratulate Snow White for biting a cute Prince. I felt so wicked thinking that, but there was that sense of pride and humor in the fact that Snow White bit the Prince because he tasted yummy. Another thing was a big sense of love. The Queen loves her daughter despite the fact that she is trying to kill her, but not for the "vain" reason of beauty. As she recounts finding the truth of her daughter's "ability," you really get this huge warm fuzzy feeling because the Queen truly loves her daughter. 

The ending of the prequel was so touching and sweet, but also hides a very dark message. The Queen reemphasizes her reason of hunting her daughter and very nicely, shall we say, threatens Big Grimm of a war to come. I am super hooked into the series and I can't wait to get my hands on the first book of the series: Snow White Sorrow. One last thing I have to say and this will probably be repeated throughout all the prequels that I'm reviewing, but the cover art/design is just so freaking beautiful and awesome. A definite plus. For example, Snow White, Blood Red's cover. Just look at that artwork and design. It's really amazing, just thought I'd mention that. 

Well that's all I have, keep an eye out on the prequels 2-6 because they'll be coming soon! Until next time~


You let children believe that vampire bites were resurrecting kisses, and that glass coffins were made for sleeping beauties.

A wise man once said that the greatest trick the devil every pulled was convincing the world he was someone else.

I have ushered young butterflies to the deceiving light of fire. I have slaughtered, tortured, burned, suffocated, poisoned, ripped out hearts, and sat on my throne watching young beautiful girls lying dead on the floor of my castle.

Still, she stood looking fabulous like a princess should, licking her blood red lips the moment she laid her eyes on the beautiful prince. It was appetite on first sight.

I rolled my eyes and held back a smile. That must have been the demonic part in me, wanting to salute her and raise a glass of champagne for biting a cute Prince. A Prince she thought was yummy. Don't all mischievous girls like to do that from time to time?

She was a beautiful monster - the hardest to kill, yet the hardest to outlive.

I didn't see any fangs or golden pupils in her eyes. She was just a seven year old girl with blood dripping from her lips, experiencing rejection for the first time in her short life.

A mirror that witnessed death was as dear to me as a poisoned apple that steals breath. 

4 out of 5 stars

Box Set: Prequels 1-6
FREE ON AMAZON
Click the image

That's it for this review! Stay tuned for the next 5 prequel reviews which will be coming soon! 


Foreverly Obsessed,
Riv

No comments:

Post a Comment