Sunday, February 9, 2014

Review: Vampire Academy: Blood Sisters

Last Friday I went to see the new movie Vampire Academy. If you read my last post you'll know how excited I was to watch this movie. The entire time I was fangirling like crazy.... I'm fangirling right now just from thinking about it!
First of all, the cast is AMAZING!!! I love every single one of them! When I first saw the trailer, I wasn't so sure if I'd like the cast or not. Like I said in my last post, I approve of Zoey Deutch and Lucy Fry, I wasn't so sure about the rest. But I definitely approve, 200%. They weren't exactly how I saw the characters in my head, but it's hard to pinpoint a character exactly, not to mention they're all different in everyone's head.
I am crushing on Dominic Sherwood and Cameron Monaghan right now, it's not even funny. I wasn't so sure about Dom at first since I didn't exactly picture Christian like that, but he's my new Christian. Not to mention his eyes!! FYI, they're ice blue, but on of them is brown on the bottom... they're wicked!! He's so cute.. a;dklfja;dlkfj;dkf;.
Next is Cameron, he wasn't really in the trailer, but when I saw him on screen... MASON!!!! *cue the tears* If you've read Frostbite, you'll know why... but oh my gawd, he is the perfect Mason. I absolutely love Mason and Rose in the movie... that cute little scene where they hug to avoid looking suspicious and at the end of the dance part when Rose gives Mason a kiss on the cheek... oh, the feels
I'll stop with the characters right now.... the cast looks amazing on big screen and I think they all did a brilliant job portraying their characters.
On to the actual movie....
Like I said in my previous post, this isn't a typical vampire movie. Yes, they're vampires, so it is a vampire movie.... but there's a lot of emphasis on friendship, not just romance. There is some romance as well, don't worry, between Dimitri and Rose, and Lissa and Christian. They're also in high school, so there's going to be some high school drama like bullying and back stabbing, etc. There's also a lot of action in this movie, seeing as the dhampirs are training and fighting Strigoi.
I think this movie could be a success and a second movies HAS to come out, I'm literally dying right now, I need more Mason and Christian, like right now. If Twilight was a success, this definitely can be one too, since it's a million times better than Twilight (sorry Twilight fans...)
I really hope some of you will consider watching, or even watch, the movie. I can guarantee that you will love it. Don't worry if you haven't read the book because in the beginning Rose explains all the terms and background.
Here's a pretty accurate trailer of the movies, it doesn't just focus on the humor of the movie.


~Claudz

No comments:

Post a Comment