Monday, October 20, 2014

Release Mini Review: Runaway

ASIN: B00OM8A6IW
Pages: 41
Source: Mark My Words Publicity
Appearance: 
23273515

Summary:
Camryn Cruise is not human. But she doesn’t know what she is. Not yet.
The world is falling apart and her only escape is Camp Silverlake where she frequently stayed as a child. But Camryn’s summers weren’t filled with crafting and swimming, they were spent learning combat skills and how to protect herself from the outside world.
Now she must return to Camp Silverlake to learn the truth, about who she is and she’ll discover the secret hidden within her blood. A secret that could save them all.

Hey everyone! Welcome to my release review for Runaway which is the first book in the Camryn Cruise series by Brina Courtney. It's a really short book, only about 41 pages so it was a super fast read for me. Anyway, let's get into the review!

I actually had no idea that Runaway was going to be a zombie book. As many people know, I'm not a huge fan of zombie books, they just don't work with me. However, this one was okay, I liked it, but not a lot. It was the zombie factor, I'm sorry I just can't get into zombies. But my dislike for zombies aside, this book was pretty cool. In the short amount of pages that is in this book, we learn the history of how the virus came to be as well as the main character and her connection to the virus. Now, it does have that one cliche-ish factor where our MC, Camryn Cruise (pretty cool name!) is immune to the virus because she is part of a genetically mutated generation. That didn't bother me as much as I had thought it would and she ended up being pretty kickbutt. That car scene in the middle of the highway when they first meet the Sick was just a small taste as to what type of moves she's got up her sleeve. 

My biggest complaint was the length. I was confused at the beginning because one moment Camryn and her best friend Kiley are chilling and the minute they're packing for Camp Silverlake. However, once I figured out that zombies were the big scary figure in the story, it made more sense and I could go back and re-read the first couple of chapters and really get the sense of urgency, confusion, and chaos. The length though! I felt as if I was just getting into the story and then it ended. So other than that, this book wasn't that bad. I've only read one other book by Brina Courtney and as far as this one goes, it's a pretty good start to a new zombie apocalypse series. If you're looking for some zombie action and want to test a book out, this one is definitely for you. It's short and to the point and the next book comes out soon, I believe so we won't have to wait to long. That's all I have for this review, what are your thoughts on zombies? Any tips on getting into the genre? Let me know down below :)

3 out of 5 stars

Foreverly Obsessed,

No comments:

Post a Comment