Monday, April 27, 2015

Kissing Madeline

Source; Author
Publication Day: April 26, 2015
Appearance:
20632298


What’s the worst thing about wanting a sexy NFL football player? Everyone else wants him, too. 
 After catching my boyfriend getting deep-throated by a skanky cage girl, I’ve learned my lesson – never date a professional athlete. Never. Besides, I have more important things to worry about, like not blowing my shot to make it as a broadcast reporter. I won’t let anything get in my way, not even the new “it boy” of the NFL and my hot-as-hell neighbor.
What's the worst thing about getting death glares from his new neighbor? It doesn't make him want her any less. 
I’ve worked my ass off to make it to the pros. The last thing I need is the complication of a relationship, especially since my last one was a total train wreck. But I can’t stop thinking about the feisty girl next door with the smart mouth. And I’d love nothing more than to show her what to do with that mouth.
Friends with benefits might be the best idea he’s ever had. Or the worst. 
Kissing Madeline is a companion novel to DEAREST CLEMENTINE and FINDING DANDELION. Each book is a stand-alone.


Hello everyone and Happy Release Day to Kissing Madeline by Lex Martin! This is the third book in the Dearest series, the first two I have not read >.< I was sent a copy by the author and Between the Sheets for review and I promise that my review is 100% my own opinion. I also participated in a release day blitz which has an AMAZING giveaway which you can enter HERE if interested. Alright, let's get into my thoughts:

Kissing Madeline follows a fresh new reporter who has just landed a job at a local news station and comes home to find her pro-martial arts boyfriend with another woman, a cage girl to be exact. Heartbroken, she sweats off of professional athletes which may seem easy at first until she meets Daren, the new NFL super star. She loathes him from the start, but his easy going nature soon wins her over and she finds herself in a very awkward friends with benefits relationship. While the relationship starts simple, it quickly escalates as they try to figure out what they both want in the relationship and in Madeline's case, if she can trust another man to not break her heart.

As a character, Madeline is super easy to relate to, she's spunky and fun and not afraid to speak her mind. Her passion for her job is really inspiring and while she's careful with who she trusts (dating-wise), there's still this air of love and compassion that surrounds her. 
Daren is everybody's favorite athlete who has just the right amount of sweetness and gentleman qualities to make you instantly fall in love with his character. He's faithful and loyal to the end and there's quite a couple of heart-swooning moments in this book from his part.

Of course I can't forget Jax, Clementine, Sherrie, Quentin, and company. They create on the best group of friends I've ever read about. They're supportive at the rights times and aren't afraid to tell you what they think when something's going on. There's also Spencer, Maddie's creepy as hell boss who needs to stop being a creep, Roger, Maddie's nicer and supportive boss, and Nicole who I still don't like, but I don't hate her as much. Overall, Lex Martin creates these really memorable characters that will tug on your heartstrings and make you fall for them.

As far as romance goes, the relationship between Maddie and Daren is so sweet and adorable! While there were definitely times where I wanted to shake them both for being so blind to their feelings, their development from friends with benefits to a full relationship was so endearing and lovely to read. Despite everything being super cute, there are a good number of curveballs that are thrown and this is my little warning that feels are sure to come.

I don't have much to say about Lex Martin's writing other than she knows just when to insert a twist that manages to make my heart stop. I didn't anticipate some things that happened so when certain things were set into motion, I couldn't click the next page button fast enough.

Due to some graphic scenes, I'd recommend this to an older age group, but overall this book was really fun and heartwarming to read. The beginning takes a bit to pick up, but once you're hooked, you're in it for the whole thing and there's no going back. Now I need to pick up the first two books in the series, kind of contradictory, but I'm just not ready to say goodbye to these characters yet.

4 out of 5 stars

Foreverly Obsessed,



No comments:

Post a Comment