Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Mini Review: This Book Will Change Your Life

ISBN: 1633754316
Pages: 193
Source: Entangled Teen
Publication Date: September 28, 2015
Appearance:
26828187
Take a chance and change your life…
College was supposed to be where Hannah’s hard work paid off, but the major in honors chemistry she’s been working towards since childhood is slipping away. Worse, she’s not sure she wants it anymore. Salvation comes from an unlikely place—a used bookstore and Ben, the passionate college senior who works there.
Ben’s trapped in a life mapped out for him. Trapped in a future career as a lawyer to make his father happy. Trapped pursuing a girl he doesn't even like because she fits into a world he doesn’t want, but can’t escape. But then he meets Hannah. And for the first time, he knows what it means to truly want something.
So he gives in to being her friend. Then to wanting her. Then to kissing her. And within the freedom of his impulsivity, both of their carefully planned lives begin to fall apart...
 

Hello everyone! Today I have my review for This Book Will Change Your Life! I put off reviewing this on the day of its release because I promised a little breather in between all my reviews and I just posted one yesterday so be sure to check it out if you're curious here. Also, since this is a mini review, I'm going to jump straight into my thoughts without giving a summary first~

I always love it when book focuses on how amazing books are. That sentence sounds so weird typed out but I can't think of a better way to put it. From the title, you can already tell the importance the books will play in the overall storyline and I was really pleasantly surprised with how everything turned out. I also loved how the "bookworm" in the story (initially) wasn't the Hannah but Ben. For once, the reader isn't the small shy girl even though I fit that stereotype pretty perfectly. 

Speaking of characters, I absolutely adored both Hannah and Ben. They both had expectations that they had to live for and in Ben's case they were a bit more restricting. Seeing the two of them bond over books and just experience all the feels was enough to make me want to read every single book they read. I wanted to reread the Book Thief before but the desire is becoming really overwhelming. 

The development of their relationship was so sweet and realistic which I enjoyed a lot. It was really great to see their relationship grow and despite all the setbacks they faced, they managed to get closer and build a stronger relationship. 

Overall, this story is just extremely precious and makes you want to grab something to hug because what better way to fall in love than through a book? Okay that was a bit too cheesy, but it's true.

*Huge thanks to Entangled Publishing for providing a copy to review. All thoughts are 100% my own*
3.5 out of 5 stars
   

Foreverly Obsessed,

No comments:

Post a Comment