Tuesday, March 29, 2016

8 Favorite/Most Disappointing Reads of 2016 (so far)

Hello everyone! Today I'm going to share some of my favorite and most disappointing books that I have read so far this year! The original Top Ten topic was to list 10 books that you rated 5 stars but this was one of the other options so I went with it. As always, I don't know if I'm going to make it to 10 so we'll leave the title of this post numberless. 
1757262513372690
A Thousand Perfect Things by Kay Kenyon - When I first read this book, I wasn't completely sold on it, but the more I think about it, the more I find myself loving everything that happened. (Review)
Slammed by Colleen Hoover - I avoided Slammed for the longest time because it was THE Colleen Hoover book. I read a couple of her newer releases first and finally decided that it was time to pick it up and I absolutely adored it. (Review)
1550795825387595
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes - The internet and its mother has not stopped raving about this book and after I saw that trailer I knew I had to pick it up. Obviously, it did not disappoint and is definitely making it to one of my favorites of the entire year! (Review)
Eleanor by Jason Gurley - I have not stopped freaking out about this book since I read it. It's the perfect combination of beautiful writing, fantastic plot, and heartbreaking characters. (Review)
25112974

The Syndicate by Sophie Davis - I have enjoyed every single Sophie Davis book that I have read so far and this one is no exception. I was luck enough to get my hands on an ARC and I cannot wait for the next book! (Review)
Uprotted by Naomi Novik - I just finished this book today and already my mind cannot stop thinking about it. It is the perfect combination of high fantasy, beautiful writing, and dark magic and the whole entire story is unforgettable. (Review to come)

2805439628198386
Evanescent by Gabriella Lepore - I feel kinda bad about putting this one on the list but I have to be 100% honest, I was expecting more. Everyone sings praises about Gabriella Lepore's books so I was expecting to be blown away. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but it didn't live up to my expectations. (Review)
The Hunter's Moon by Beth Trissel - This book was a case of interesting synopsis and flat delivery. I enjoyed the different cultures that the story wove together but it just seemed to be overflowing with cliches and my eyes got a serious workout from all the rolling. (Review)

So that's my list! Let me know in the comments what made it onto your list! 

Foreverly Obsessed,



No comments:

Post a Comment